Website Advanced Aluminum of Polk County
Advanced Aluminum is a drug free work place that offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Passing a background check and drug test are requirements for employment. Resumes may be mailed to PO Box 5075 Lakeland FL 33811 or hand delivered to 2941 Parkway St, Lakeland FL.
General Job Description: Material Handler
Major Duties and Responsibilities :
- Staging Material for Shipment
- Organizing Pallets using a sit-down forklift
- Assisting in transporting pallets around the warehouse
- Move raw materials and finished product within the warehouse or production facility,
- Using forklifts or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping.
- Inspect facility (e.g., production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies
- Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using a “pick, pack and ship” system in order to fulfill customer/client demand.
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures.
- Verify correct information on shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation on-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to shipment to customer.
- Ability to strap and unstrap loads for secure transport.
- Accurate documentation.
- Perform daily equipment inspection.
- Loading and Unloading Freight
- Safe operation of company forklifts and equipment
- Rotate Stock.
- Support all the cut line and panel lines with inventory needed.
Qualifications for the Job: Ideal candidate will be dependable, hard-working, have the ability to follow direction with minimal supervision and have a good work ethic. Ability to count, read and speak in English.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance. Ability to pass Physical and drug screen testing.
Benefits: Starting Pay varies with experience.
Employer Paid Health Insurance
Employer Paid Life Insurance
401k, Vision and Dental Available
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 1+ year prior warehouse/stocking/forklift experience preferred.
- Forklift Operator: 3 years (Required)
- warehouse: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)