Website Morgan Corporation
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
The Material Handler will safely operate forklift/straddle lift within areas of the facility.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete daily forklift/straddle lift inspection sheet.
- Utilize transaction control sheet.
- Use Banding Equipment.
- Properly identify part numbers.
- Perform task within allotted RE time.
- Flex within functional areas as needed.
- Assist with on-the-job training of team members.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Prior forklift experience preferred.
- Must safely operate forklift/straddle lift within areas of the facility.
- Must comply with truck and trailer safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
- Must be ability to read a tape measurer.
- Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on instruction.
- Ability to read and/or interpret work orders and apply to task at hand.
- Ability to learn the AS/400 system.
- Must be able to safely perform the following:
- Roof Coil change out
- Door Rack change out
- Must properly handle all products/parts to include, but not limited, to customer units including flat-bed carry out, FRP’s, and hazardous materials.
- Must fully understand quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit.
- Work required schedule including overtime.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Must actively participate and support Poindexter Production System (PPS); 5’s, Lean, TPM, and other Continuous Improvement Activities.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
To apply for this job please visit usr56.dayforcehcm.com.