Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the preferences of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure special cuts and customer requests are fulfilled.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure sales and work area are clean and free from safety hazards.
- Responsible for scheduling department employees.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven experience in a SEG lead position in the meat-seafood department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.
- Possession of Meat Cutter Certification or ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.
To apply for this job please visit www.segrocers.com.