Website Watson Clinic
Education: High school diploma or GED. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Assistant Certification by the American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required.
Experience: Prefer one (1) or more years Clinic/MD office experience.
Other Requirements: CPR certification to be completed within three months of employment.
- Summons and prepares patient for office visit.
- Assists the physician with medical office procedures
- Administers medication, including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physicians as required by specialty.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedure when documenting information in patients medical record.
- Maintains the integrity of the office
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current certification in CPR.
- Accepts responsibility for reading and referencing new policies and procedures and Nursing Update newsletters.