Website Radiology & Imaging Specialists
Job Title: Medical Receptionist Float
Location: All Locations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Type of Shift: Full Time – 80%
Shift Hours: 32 Hours Weekly
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Receptionist Float performs a variety of clerical duties while maintaining a high level of customer service and quality patient care. Administration of the patient arrival process includes serving as the primary point of contact for patients and visitors and ensuring overall patient satisfaction. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking skills preferred.
1. Performs clerical duties at various locations. Floats to various sites on a regular basis.
2. Welcomes patients and visitors by personally greeting them upon arrival.
3. Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ needs, anxieties, and questions.
4. Efficiently and accurately checks in patients including scanning in all required documents that have been completed by the patient and or referring physician’s office. Properly scans ID and insurance cards along with prescriptions and all other forms as requested.
5. Schedules and reschedules appointments including walk in patients in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Consults with referring physicians offices by telephone in a concise and courteous manner.
7. Burns CDs, and prepares film jackets. Also uploads CDs from outside facilities for comparison as necessary.
8. Responsible for opening and closing the cash box. Counts all cash at the opening and closing of the business day.
9. Responsible for individual bank bag. Prints transaction reports and verifies all payments. Forwards transaction report along with cash, checks, and any receipts via a locked bank bag to the Accounting department daily.
10. Maintains reception and work area. Stocks supplies and maintains inventory as necessary.
WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Two or more years in the Medical field is preferred.
High school diploma or GED.
Bilingual English/Spanish speaking skills preferred.
Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and patients, and the ability to work independently.
This job requires prolonged sitting or standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching; Normal vision range with the absence of color blindness, normal hearing, and normal eye to hand coordination and manual dexterity; the ability to distinguish letters and symbols. This position may require lifting up to 50 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.