Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Merchandising Service Manager, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and engaging vendors and associates to meet store needs.
- Ensuring signage, pricing information, and displays are accurate so that merchandise is easy to locate.
- Coaching associates in creating visually appealing product displays that are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
The Merchandising Service Manager (MSM) oversees store execution of all merchandising service, project, and maintenance activities. Successful completion of these tasks results in clean, safe, and accessible merchandise, and an overall appealing shopping experience for our customers. This associate supervises the team that resets (based on planograms), stocks, and prices merchandise accurately. In addition to supervising his/her own team, the MSM coordinates with others in the store to ensure the Merchandising Service Team supports successful sales and operations of the store. In many cases, the MSM must interpret and adapt the planograms and project plans provided to better serve the needs and layout of individual stores.
- Schedules Merchandising Service team and manages resources for the team to drive efficient project execution in fulfillment of the overall Merchandising Service strategy.
- Guides Merchandising Service Associates (MSAs) around project priorities, scheduling, expectations, and needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time).
- Delivers onboarding and training, provides on-the-job coaching, and mentors MSAs.
- Coaches MSAs on performance.
- Creates tailored developments plans for MSAs by analyzing metric and individual strengths, weaknesses, and needs.
- Handles disciplinary actions with HR.
- Manages project and travel expenses and weekly payroll.
- Identifies and resolves project and/or store-level issues using available resources.
- Summarizes and communicates project information, updates, and feedback on project execution with store team, field leaders, and corporate teams.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, merchandising, and displays to be shared across the district, region, and enterprise, as appropriate.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Supports those that directly help customers by providing the tools and resources needed.
- Oversees that merchandise is stocked, fronted, and fully packed down in assigned area according to planogram.
- Confirms that all signage, reorder stickers, pricing, and product information is accurate.
- Confirms all product displays, resets, and bay integrity efforts are completed according to Lowe’s specifications, planograms, and merchandising and safety standards.
- Collaborates with receiving departments in assigned stores to establish or revise the staging process for reset product and product support materials.
- Leads efforts of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping.
- Oversees the proper processing of damaged products.
- Coordinates with Merchandising Service Supervisor to ensure all supporting materials are available and logistics are in place to complete projects.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of customer service or retail experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR 1 year of Lowe’s store experience.
- 6 months of experience as a team lead or leading others in an informal capacity.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required.
- 1 year supervisory experience including coaching/training and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
- 8 months of merchandising experience including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
- 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lowes.com.