- Responsible for repair and maintenance of a variety of refrigeration systems including—but not limited to—the following: Trane commercial air conditioning systems, Trane heat pumps, Trane VAV units, Trane Tracer Summit Building Automation Systems, cooling towers, pumps, refrigeration systems including walk-in units, ice machines, water coolers, reach-in units, Energy Recovery units, exhaust fans, etc.
- Keeping accurate records and/or files.
- Use of computer and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
- Protect against occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the repair and maintenance of HVAC/R systems.
- Be willing to perform general maintenance tasks when needed.
- Follow local, state, and federal regulations/codes applicable to this position.
- Be willing to work altered hours as needed for repairs/projects.
- Journeyman level technician with at least five years of experience in the Air Conditioning/Refrigeration trade.
- Possess a valid “Universal Refrigerant Use Certification” as required by the EPA.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate to associates, staff, and administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Completion of an HVAC/R program at a technical school or journeyman program preferred.
- Have a valid High School Diploma or equivalent.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.