Website Indian River Transport
As a leader in bulk liquid food grade tank carriers, Indian River Transport sets the tone for the rest of our industry. Every day we strive for excellence. Our team members are ambitious, intelligent, and motivated individuals who take pride in what they do.
We currently have an opportunity for an Operations Support Specialist.
The Operations Support Specialist is an entry level position, providing operational support to the recruiting and safety departments as well as IRT guests. These activities include responding to inquiries in a prompt, courteous and effective manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answering, assisting, and directing all incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties in a professional and courteous manner
- Arranging travel and managing schedules for new drivers
- Sorting and allocating incoming and electronic mail, organizing and generating driver DQ files
- Using applicable software programs to create letters, correspondence, spreadsheets and other related documents
- Respond promptly to managers’ queries
- Performing other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in transportation preferred
- DOT compliance knowledge
- AS400 experience
- Tenstreet experience a plus
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the company to outside parties
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
The company complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by employing only U.S. citizens and non-citizens who are authorized to work in the United States.
Indian River Transport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Indian River Transport complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit indianrivertransport.applicantpool.com.