The employee holding this job must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate and timely fashion due to the fact that every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for the whole operation.
- Weighs and records weight of customer vehicles and generates and maintains shipping records
- Uses computer hardware and software to obtain customer vehicle weights, record those weights and produce scale tickets for customers.
- Operate scales and ensure customer vehicles are loaded according to Company Policy.
- Receive telephone requests for price quotations, order changes, adjustments and cancellations directly from assigned and non-assigned customers. Achieve and maintain rapport with customers and work to give them the best possible service.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations. Generally, deals with representatives and customers concerning matters that require some tact and resourcefulness. Coordinates with other personnel including production and sales departments.
- Maintains and coordinates shipping activity.
- Provides professional administrative support to the Area Manager, Plant Supervisor and other team members.
- Maintains good housekeeping in assigned area.
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Leadman.
- High school preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions and operate computer software
- Basic mathematical skills, including basic arithmetic functions and common units of measurements.
- Ability to read English sufficiently to be able to read information contained in manuals, regulations, and reports, including Safety issues and related matters.
- Ability to speak English and communicate with others via a two-way radio.
- Basic English language skills for completion of various paperwork, such as pre-shift inspection forms.
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to operate scale control house and fill in for ground personnel.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.