Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North
Position: Front Desk Agent
JOB OVERVIEW: Greet and register guest, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet the Holiday Inn Express brand of high standards of quality. The Guest Service Agent is also responsible for maximizing room revenues in line with the Holiday Inn Express standards, providing efficient and courteous front desk service.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/ General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and a sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand request, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from our Opera PMS system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys for the guest.
- Verify and imprint credit card for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance cash draw for your assigned shift. To accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using Opera PMS system.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into computer. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for guest.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and a manner at all times. Can communicate well with guest. Must be willing to “pitch in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and detect signs of any emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25lbs when stocking supply room or setting up equipment. Typically bends, stoops and crouches on a regular basis. Constantly moves about to coordinate work. Regularly sets up, adjust, assembles, controls, test and operates computer equipment to generate input and output and transmit data.
Hotel Experience is a plus.
Our customers are what we are all about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with the Holiday Inn Express staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Holiday Inn Express associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure on how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to the Holiday Inn Express. Every Holiday Inn Express associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $9.00 – $10.00 per hour
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lakeland, FL 33809 (Preferred)
- Answering and routing phone calls
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction