Website Polk County Tax Collector
Sort and open all incoming mail manually and/or using Opex Mail machine and prepare payments for processing. Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Accept shipments and deliveries received in warehouse and distribute. Assist with clerical duties in Technical Processing and other departments and other job duties deemed as necessary.
The most essential skill is attitude and includes the following: positive interaction & cooperation with co-workers, responding politely to customers, working as a team member, function under intense time pressure and responding in a positive manner to supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: May perform other related duties and task, as required.
- Sort, open and distribute incoming mail to the different departments.
- Open and prepare payments for processing.
- Check items to ensure that addresses are legible and correct, and that items are suitable for processing.
- Sort and stuff all outgoing mail.
- Bundle, label and route sorted mail to designated areas depending on destinations and according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Operate mail opener and postage meter as needed.
- Enter measurements daily
- Keep Opex mail opener machines clean and clear jams, when needed.
- Accept and check items received to the appropriate area.
- Train new mail support, as needed.
- Record and dispose all dated materials, such as envelopes, payment stubs, checks and old forms, etc. as instructed by Records Retention policy.
- Assist with:
- Loading and unloading mail trucks
- Preparation of “dirty” tags for shipment to DMV
- Verification of new tags and inventory supplies
- Disposal of dated materials
- Assist various departments with clerical projects
- Opening and scanning mail on the Opex Falcon processing machine, when needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None
Skills and Knowledge:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Prepare simple written correspondence.
- Basis mathematical skills.
- Basic reasoning ability.
- Effectively present information to co-workers and the general public.
- Must display a positive and helpful attitude.
Climate controlled environment with a moderate noise level, similar to a normal business office.
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Stand, squat, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Sit for long periods
- Manual dexterity
- Hear at normal level or with accommodation
- Vision at normal range or with accommodation
ADA Compliance: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit polkcounty.applytojob.com.