Website McLane Food Service
McLane is a $48 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation’s largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane providesalcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com.
To properly select, stack neatly on pallet, and label product for shipment to customer. Receives labels from supervisor for selecting purposes and product identification. Selects products by using electric pallet jack to transport product. Stacks products neatly on wooden pallet. Heavy products on the bottom of the pallet, if more than one order on a pallet must keep orders together and separate. Must correctly label product so that label can be seen on the outside of the pallet. Responsible to staging full pallets for loading. Must identify each pallet by route number, batch number, and his/her initials. Must keep work area clean by picking up paper, plastic wrappers, scrap wood, and broken pallets.
- Must be able to read, and write in English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be proficient in math.
- Must have pallet jack license or must be able to past training program for license.
- Must be able to lift weights of 25-100 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to be able to bend and lift frequently.
- Must be able to follow directions and work independently.
- Requires high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity in the control of pallet jack and stacking of product on the pallet.
- Must be able to work 10-hour shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to meet specific goals for thru-put and accuracy.
- Must be able to understand instructions in English if working in a Distribution Center that has a voice-automated selection system.
- Work in all compartments, including the freezer, cooler and dry areas.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.