Website Lakeland Regional Health
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 72
- Responsible for performing pristine Pre-registration/Registration, Insurance Verification, Precertification/Authorization (when applicable) and other Patient Access department functions timely and accurately, maintaining a 99% accuracy rate as measured by the department web-based QA system.
- Interview patient/guarantors to obtain demographic and confidential clinical and financial information using age specific interviewing and communication techniques with patient and/or family members while ensuring that departmental/organizational throughput goals are adhered to.
- Ensure that appropriate patient admission status order or documentation related to outpatient testing is obtained and available in the patient’s EMR, scanned into the electronic imaging system and ensures that the patient admit status in the registration system reflects the admit status of the order.
- Secure patient/guarantor uninsured amounts consistently achieving personal and departmental collection goals.
- Complete the patient admission/registration process by obtaining patient/guarantor signatures electronically on appropriate admission/registration forms ensuring that compliance is met for federal regulatory agency (CMS) requirements.
- Responsible for individual knowledge, skills, performance and behavior in accordance with hospital, division and unit standards of care as well as policies and procedures.
- Develop measures to promote and maintain patient, visitor and personal safety and confidentiality; respecting the rights, privacy and property of others.
- Assist as needed in the orientation and training of new and tenured patient access staff and serve as a resource to others under the supervision of the Patient Financial Services supervisor.
- Actively participate in team development, achieving dashboards and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Accept delegated responsibilities on assigned shift
Qualifications & Experience
- High School or Equivalent
- Associate Degree
Education equivalent experience:
- Business or Healthcare Finance
Certifications Preferred: CHAA, CRCP or Medical Terminology
To apply for this job please visit careersearch.mylrh.org.