Website City of Plant City
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as dictated by operational necessity.
- Process permits, receives permit and project applications and verifies all information necessary for plan review and fee calculation; issues permit number; prepares files, hard cards and fee receipts. Maintains or Add new contractor’s licenses, authorize agents, insurance and worker’s compensation. Prepares construction plans for examiners review and permitting.
- Assists citizens/customers of the department in a friendly, courteous, professional manner using clear oral and written business communications.
- Serves as the liaison to contractors, subcontractors and homeowners during the permitting process.
- Receives and schedule inspections for inspectors in, Building, also Planning/Zoning, Fire Department and Engineering when applicable. Processes Certificates of Occupancy, Completion and Temporary when requested. Coordinates all electrical releases with Tampa Electric Company.
- Receives and processes code complaints.
- Inputs permit data into Munis program using windows internet explorer based software. Permitting tech has access to retrieve emails from Building centralized email address: [email protected]. Contractors, Realtors, Business and Home Owners have access to this email to answer Building or Code questions or give estimated cost on a Plan or Permit Cost.
- Provides information to developers, contractors and the general public on building issues, property information, procedures, and ordinances.
- Assists with administrative tasks in the department, such as answering phones from customers or contractors, and making sure that any calls not associated with the Building Department are referred to the proper extensions. Also type correspondence, distribute of US or Interoffice mail and reports, scanning, filing and records retention.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, records and orders from rough drafts. Copy various documents, Sorts, verifies, files, and/or pulls from files, correspondence and records. Maintains various files.
- Compiles and prepares information for annual budget. Processes purchase orders and maintains department purchase order and budget accounts.
- Sets up and maintains specialized office files. Files letters, reports and related technical information in the prescribed manner. Assembles information for others use. Opens and processes mail. Undertake Administrative duties including photocopying, filing, typing correspondence, incoming and outgoing mail, in a professional and timely manner. Provides information or enters data into Munis computer containing technical terminology. Retrieves data for reports.
- Performs research and retrieval of records. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of department records.
- Functions as office receptionist and Maintains office supplies.
- Receives and resolves or refers citizen complaints or requests for service.
- Assists with department special events and projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities; education and/or experience; and, certificates or licenses required in order to fill the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge & experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Knowledge of building permits operation practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling and basic math.
- Ability to make decisions based on department policy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, departments, government officials and the public.
- Ability to learn the operating practices of municipal government.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, and follow professional protocol.
- Ability to provide Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to deal with upset or irate customers.
- Ability to work the hours of 7:30AM until 5:00PM.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute and use a computer.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Six months of general clerical experience or any related combination of training and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
To apply for this job please visit jobboard.ontempworks.com.