Website Oldcastle Lawn & Garden
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position will operate various heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, wheel loaders, and all-terrain forklifts, in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. Operators will use this heavy equipment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Able to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 2 years’ experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to read and write in English as well as record and understand numerical values
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) – cold, heat, rain, fog
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, and work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) – cold, heat, rain, fog
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crh.com.