Website Morgan Corporation
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE- PA 2
Morgan Corporation is looking for Production Associates with previous experienced in manufacturing that is directly related to trucks bodies. Complete the online application and assessment and ask how your experience will affect your pay rate.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Carry steel materials and cumbersome sheet goods of moderate to heavy weight.
2. Material dimensions may be up to or exceed 4’ x 8’ in overall dimension – lifting up to 35 lbs
3. Cut wood or metals to specific sizes using a variety of saws, shears and cutters.
4. Operate pneumatic tools such as but not limited to drills, impact wrenches and monobolt guns to assist in assembly operations.
5. Perform limited electrical wiring tasks.
6. Must flex within functional areas
7. Use non-power tools such as; caulking guns, screwdrivers, utility knives, wrenches and tape measures.
8. Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets or fasteners.
9. Able to read and interpret written orders and specifications, blueprints, instructions and labels, which may contain hazardous warnings and cautions.
10. Follow instructions and policies relative to quality and quantity work standards.
11. Provide guidance and assist with on the job training of team members.
12. Adhere to the company safety regulations and assist in the training and awareness of safety guidelines to new team members in the department.
1. Must have at least 3 years directly related experience.
2. Must be proficient in operating various hand and power tools.
3. Must maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
4. Must be able to read a tape measure.
5. Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays, if required by production schedule.
6. Must be able to work in a group or team setting or individual projects.
7. Must have the flexibility to work rotating shifts as necessary.
8. Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours per day and lift up to 35 lbs.
9. Must actively participate and support Poindexter Production System (PPS); 5’s, Lean, TPM, and other Continuous Improvement Activities.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.