Are you our next Production Supervisor-Phos Acid?
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor-Phos Acid for our New Wales, Florida location. This position is responsible for safe and environmentally sound day-to-day production activities to support the continuous operations of the facility. Includes all facets of production supervision namely management of hourly employees, material handling, product quality, safety, environmental, maintenance and projects. Assist with the implementation of process improvements and/or capital projects as needed. Assist with employee training and qualifications. The incumbent serves as a liaison between management, operations, maintenance and support groups.
What will you do?
- Maintain safe and environmentally sound operating conditions within equipment design parameters
- Lead, schedule, coach, train, and develop hourly employees as needed (incl. safety and environmental)
- Facilitate ongoing communication between hourly employees and management to ensure proper and efficient rail operation, product quality, allocation of resources, safety and environmental
- Work with operations and maintenance to troubleshoot and address problems in the plant to maximize product and raw materials flow and safety. Assist in the implementation of process improvements or capital projects
- Responsible for conducting audits and inspections
- Reviews and authorizes work permits
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What do you need for this role?
- High School Diploma/GED with 3+ years of relevant experience or 2 year technical program with 2+ years of experience required. Technical or Engineering Bachelor’s degree with at least 1+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- Step-up, leadership, or supervisory experience preferred.
- Industrial experience, chemical experience, and or supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Maximo, Pi, OIS, Kronos is a plus.
- Must be an effective leader and have positive influence on hourly work force
- Strong motivational, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in a fast- paced environment are required
- Facilities operate on a 24/7 continuous schedule, ability work rotating shifts, holidays and weekends is a must.
- Physical work environment is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender iSupervisordentity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!