- Responsible for the safety, environmental impact, quality, and production of the shift; solely responsible on nights and weekends – alerting proper personnel when emergencies occur.
- Full supervisory duties from interviewing and hiring new operators, coaching and counseling operators (which includes employee development and the timely initiation and documentation of needed corrective action in collaboration with management and HR), to terminations.
- Plan and coordinate feasible manufacturing schedules that meet or exceed company and customer demands, and maximize the utilization of batch manufacturing equipment and personnel.
- Ensure compliance with DOT, FDEP, EPA regulations and standards; Responsible for the proper handling of waste generated in production processes.
- Prompt reporting of near misses, injuries and spills, property damage and other incidents, in Gensuite. (An EHS management system.) Enter work orders into Megamation. (A CMMS system.)
- Issue permitting in a manner that minimizes wait time for maintenance and contractors.
- Walk-down jobs to ensure proper lock-out / tag-out and other safety measures are in place.
- Participate in the investigation of EHS incidents.
- Responsible for enforcing good housekeeping practices.
- Investigate and take proper corrective and contingent action for non-conformance issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including shift notes, truck logs, etc.
- Attend daily production meetings and weekend coverage meetings, while on shift, giving status updates on production and internal tank inventories.
- Be aware of internal inventory levels and alert management of potential inventory concerns.
- Monitor customer tank inventories utilizing emails received from customers and trending reports.
- Ensure timely processing of inbound and outbound shipments of raw materials and finished goods and proper documentation (Bill of Lading, weight tickets, IMDG forms, etc.)
- Support production operators in receiving the training they need, and signing off on qualification cards as they have successfully achieved milestones.
- Conduct post-accident drug testing, when applicable and within guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring and approving time and attendance records in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Very limited travel, for training.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- 3+ years of experience in a process manufacturing environment, required. Chemical manufacturing, preferred.
- Plant operations troubleshooting experience, preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- This position reports to the Production Manager
- This position has approximately 7 direct reports.
- Advises, consults and coordinates with:
- Quality Assurance
- Truck Drivers
- Customer Service
- Technical Services / Sales
- Environmental, Health and Safety department
- Working environment is in a chemical facility. Must be comfortable with outdoor working conditions, routinely exposed to the elements. Frequent walking in a large production facility.
- Must be able to safely perform all the duties of the job.
- Capable of bending, climbing, stooping, and standing for long periods of time on concrete.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer/pre-placement drug screen, background check, job-related physical abilities and pulmonary function test. (Must also follow facial hair guidelines.)
ArrMaz is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-arrmaz.icims.com.