Website SPCA Florida
SPCA Florida is looking for someone who is a one-of-a-kind individual. We’re making things better for pets, people, and the planet, through our various initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents on the long-term benefits of good medical care, and making Polk County a No-Kill Community. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend SPCA Florida as a place to work, who believe in our Vision, and who are committed to delivering superior customer experience.
We are actively seeking an Adoption Counselor who will represent SPCA Florida in a professional and courteous manner and will provide friendly, helpful client service for Adoption and Programs Coordinator. The counselor will greet visitors, provide current and approved information about animals and facilitate interaction with potential adopters, donors, and volunteers. As Program Coordinator, the candidate must be able to track statistics for all the programs.
Candidates must have the following to qualify for our interview process:
- A high school diploma is required. B.A. or B.S degree is preferred.
- Must have good management skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including Saturdays and Sundays). We are open 7 days a week; schedules (4 10s) will be as needed to facilitate business needs/hours. Some overtime on occasion.
- Familiarity with Petpoint a plus.
- Candidates must have leadership skills, be eager to learn, show initiative, possess great customer service skills, and be able to work in a very fast-paced environment with minor supervision.
- Animal experience is a must including knowledge of animal breeds, behavior, and handling
- Good driving record, personal auto insurance, ability to drive a van safely, and reliable transportation are a must
- Must be a nonsmoker
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and discounts on veterinary services and products (for your pet) along with a 403(b), PTO, and 6 (six) paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an EOE and DFWP; background checks conducted.
To apply for this job please visit newton.newtonsoftware.com.