Website Mid-State Industrial Maintenance
Pump Inventory Control and Material Handler
As the Inventory Control/Material Handler you will be responsible to manage incoming inventory and supplies to be stored and later used in production.
- Receive and verify incoming deliveries of parts and supplies
- Assign locations and put into inventory both physically and in the MRP system. (Penta)
- Pull and kit parts for internal and external customers.
- Perform Cycle Counts
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous inventory control experience a plus
- Intermediate computer skills required in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of computerized inventory systems.
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- Ability to be approved for, and maintain eligibility to be on, company insurance for driving purposes is a plus.
- Ability to read and write English, fluently.
- Customer service oriented.
- Positive, can-do, team-oriented attitude.
- Great active listening skills. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must be dependable and operate with a high-level of integrity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position reports to the Pump Shop Supervisor.
- Mid-State is proud to offer benefits to all of its full-time employees. Benefits available include; Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday pay, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Location is at 1400 Chamber Drive, Bartow, FL.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:00pm and overtime could be required at times.
- Working environment is in an industrial shop; non-climate controlled and is often times hot / humid. Frequent exposure to moving equipment, machines and shop tools, and other safety-sensitive hazards / risks. Must always be alert and able to safely perform the essential duties of the job without risking harm to oneself or others.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will:
- Frequently perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Frequently use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things.
Other physical requirements include;
- Static Strength – The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to (frequently – 25 pounds; routinely 50 pounds).
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension -The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Information Ordering -The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Flexibility of Closure -The ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure,
- Speech Recognition -The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Expression -The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity -The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Mid-State maintains a firm commitment in providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees and quality services to its clients. Mid-State is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass a post-offer / pre-placement drug screen and job-related employment physicals. Must also submit to a post-offer / pre-employment background check.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mid-State participates in E-Verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.