Website Borden Dairy
Job Title: Raw Receiver
Department: Supply Chain Manufacturing
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Responsible for the unloading of milk from tanker trucks, washing and sanitizing tankers trucks, silos and receiving lines, and to aid in the manufacturing of all company products in a safe and sanitary work environment.
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions, which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Borden Dairy of Florida may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
- Maintains all pumps, piping and other items necessary for the actual unloading of product.
- Sanitizes all unloading equipment prior to its use.
- Checks all incoming tanker loads for order, temperature, taste and any other factors in accordance with the Quality Assurance Program.
- Responsible for the actual flow of all incoming products to its proper holding silos.
- Responsible for the procurement of all necessary samples, in accordance with the Quality Assurance Program, and state or federal regulatory agencies, prior to the actual unloading of the product.
- Responsible for the washing of all pumps, piping and equipment used while performing the unloading or loading process during the shift, and maintaining the entire receiving area in a clean and orderly manner while in compliance with quality assurance policies.
- Frequently check flow of product, pumps, lines and tanks to ensure minimum loss of product and report any irregularities to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain within 30 days of hire State Lab Sample Testing Certification and Sample Pulling Certification.
- Ability to read and interpret receiving documents.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, stretch and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work with others.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Must be able to organize work.
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers.
- Must maintain professional attitude.
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Other duties assigned.
- Obey all safety rules
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes, airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and extreme cold.
- The work environment contains a high volume noise level.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- We offer stable employment with excellent pay and benefits
- Excellent medical and retirement benefits
Borden Dairy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit bordendairy.hrmdirect.com.