Website Colorado Boxed Beef Co.
The Receiver (Day Shift) is responsible for receiving, unpacking, verifying and moving goods into storage and for keeping records on incoming shipments.
NOTE: CBBC is a Drug Free Workplace.
The Receiver position is based out of Lakeland, FL.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: talk; hear; performing activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as standing, kneeling, bending, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials; use hands and arms in reaching, handling, and manipulating objects or controls; running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles such as forklifts; frequently lift and/or move up to 110 pounds.
Work environment: work in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures; indoor work environment; outdoor work environment (in all weather conditions); moderate noise level.
Job seekers must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical examination for this position.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance to other stockroom or warehouse workers.
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is requirement and essential function for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
- Basic skills in use of computers and software programs.
- Minimum one (1) year job-related work experience, skills and knowledge in warehouse environment.