Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Receiving Clerk, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, replenished, and prepared for customers.
- Validating that the correct merchandise is being moved in and out of the store when appropriate.
The Receiving Clerk is primarily responsible for successful freight and merchandising fulfillments at Lowe’s locations. This associate processes paperwork for shipments and also physically moves stock as it is delivered. In addition, this associate schedules shipments when necessary and checks the quality and accuracy of orders.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Builds relationships with vendors and drivers to ensuring a smooth receiving process.
- Coordinates with drivers and receiving team to ensure merchandise is accessible quickly to customers and order pick-up.
- Assists in unloading trucks and moves pallet jacks to proper place to help in receiving products efficiently.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Validates items being carried in and out of the store when appropriate.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 1 year of experience processing and filing merchandise receiving paperwork.
- 1 year of experience with store inventory receiving and administration.
- 6 months of experience in warehouse data entry/bookkeeping.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lowes.com.