Peace River Center
POSITION TITLE: Registrar
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2020
REPORTS TO: Registration Manager
FACILITY: BCSU – Bartow CSU
JOB STATUS: Full Time
FLSA: Non Exempt
1. Client Appointment Check In
2. Schedule appointments
3. Input of Client Information
4. Verify Insurance Eligibility
5. Collect Co-pays
6. Input of Client Information
7. Answer Incoming Calls
8. Complete Reports
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
a. Fully understand and consistently exhibit all of Peace River Center’s Core Values, while fostering the same with all direct reports.
b. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
c. Interact professionally with other employees, customer and vendors.
d. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
e. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
f. This may not be a complete list of job responsibilities; additional duties may be required.
- Verify the insurance for the patient or understand services provided which require insurance pre authorization and which carriers require preauthorization for inpatient and outpatient services and obtain the necessary authorization from the insurance carrier.
- Complete patients financials including authorizations for insurance. Identifying and ensuring that the initial authorization necessary for payment are obtained for client services.
- Handle incoming phone calls, interview patients over the telephone, complete data entry and scheduling process, schedule new and existing appointments in CMHC, update patient records, addresses, fee schedule as necessary.
- Complete/review all daily reports and make updates in client accounts as necessary.
5. Comply with all Peace River Center Policies and Procedures and attend all mandatory training
High School Diploma/ GED
1 year Customer Service Experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Highly motivated, able to learn quickly and prioritize multiple tasks.
Proficient in Word, Excel and the ability/willingness to learn other applications.
Typing- Minimum 45-50 wpm.
Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Excellent data entry skills.
Excellent organization skills.
Ability to deal with stressful situations or irate recipients.
Ability to make competent, independent decisions relating to the business office.
Proactive approach to problem resolutions.
Ability to review, record and report information relevant to insurance and authorizations.
Ability to clearly discuss and train staff to discuss clinical/financial information with third party payers, coworkers and clients.
FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ARE OFFERED EXCELLENT BENEFITS WITH SOME FAMILY COVERAGE