Website Streamsong Resort
Responsible for entire process of golf retail department including ordering, re-ordering, receiving, pricing, merchandising, stocking, and selling of golf merchandise to customers. Assists Retail Manager with all aspects of the golf shop including inventory control, cleanliness of the golf shop and ensures the merchandise displays are properly stocked and organized. Other duties may involve handling cash and credit transactions, working with sales representatives, interacting with patrons and other associates within the resort, providing information and handling request and complaints with a positive attitude in a friendly, professional manner.
**Essential Functions: **
- Be fully knowledgeable of all golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs. Assist customers with special merchandise orders.
- Collect money or process credit cards, record sales transactions, and issue receipts for all merchandise sales, greens fees, car/pull cart rental fees, and club rental fees.
- Answer phones, maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Take messages for patrons who may be on course.
- Interact with pass-holders, members, and guests in a congenial and professional manner. Assist patrons with information regarding tournaments, special events, club activities, policies, etc.
- Assist in packing and unpacking inventory, arranging, and displaying golf shop inventory. Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure that the golf shop is maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service, and other services as applicable.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs, and driving range facilities.
**Knowledge and Skills: **
Education: High school and 2 year college preferred.
Experience: One year experience in golf shop, customer service, or retail sales environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Communication and hospitality skills. Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision. Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.interstatehotels.com.