Website Axiom Bank
At Axiom Bank, you will be part of a diverse team in an environment that promotes collaboration, accountability, respect, and high ethical standards. We encourage you to aim for the sky and leverage your expertise and passion to excel. You’ll also have opportunities to help improve the communities we have been serving since 1963. Axiom Bank is a growing, dynamic organization – this is an exciting time to get on board!
Excellence in service, attention to detail, and a strong sales orientation are critical to success in the Banker position. The Banker processes all transactions presented at the teller window, balances the teller drawer daily and explains and cross-sells a full range of financial products and services with strong emphasis on meeting customer needs, and exceeding their service expectations. He/ she provides prompt, friendly, courteous and accurate service while adhering to Bank policies and procedures as well as industry regulations. Ensures that security and audit procedures are consistently followed, and is knowledgeable of, and committed to the bank’s selling process.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Banker’s Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieves personal and/or team sales goals by identifying and cross-selling products and services beneficial to customer
- Assesses customers’ needs to determine appropriate product and services.
- Proactively seeks to develop and expand customer relationships
- Provides exceptional customer service in an accurate and expedient manner that satisfies the individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to the Bank
- Enhances customer satisfaction and the professional reputation of the Bank by warmly greeting, engaging, and developing good professional relationships with customers and retail store partners
- Practices branch security procedures and protects customer confidentiality and privacy
- Processes a variety of customer transactions accurately and efficiently in adherence to bank policies and regulations. Transactions includes, but not limited to cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, and issuing monetary instruments
- Performs opening, closing, and other branch servicing duties such as cash balancing, maintaining and servicing automated teller machines, and cleaning work areas.
- Follows company policies as directed to assure proper records are maintained and losses prevented
- Relates well to customers and co-workers and be able to respond appropriately to direction and feedback
- Contributes to a positive work atmosphere of mutual respect
- Participates in community events and volunteer activities in behalf of the Bank
- Performs other duties as assigned to contribute to the overall operation and profitability of the Branch
Supervision of Personnel
Ability to work in a small area, and interact face-to-face with customer over a four-foot counter for an extended period of time. Ability to lift boxes of coin and money drawers weighing up to 30 lbs. Ability to retrieve and replace safe deposit boxes weighing up to 30 lbs., height up to 6 feet. Ability to reach over counter to help customers. Ability to reach upper cabinets for supplies. Ability to access facility. Ability to move through retail store to speak with customers. Ability to operate and read computer terminal screen.
- Occasional travel to other branches or corporate
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years work experience in retail, with one year being direct customer service experience. Minimum of six months of cash handling experience in a customer service/retail environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude—ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to help customers with their transaction, and balance teller drawer
- Basic PC skills (Word, Excel and email); and ability to learn to use the Bank’s core system to process teller transactions, look-up customer accounts, and troubleshoot the equipment when problems occur
- Read at a level sufficient to understand memoranda, instructions, forms, and applications
- Write in a clear, concise manner in order to compose memoranda and complete various bank documents and forms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present information to customers
- Observe and understand non-verbal communication
- Strong verbal communication skills via phone and in-person
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to job demands and change with poise
- Excellent attention to detail
- English fluency
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these tasks)
AXIOM BANK – Supporting communities. Improving lives. Working together toward your future.
At Axiom Bank, we believe in working together for a brighter future. Through our environment of collaboration and camaraderie, we offer a uniquely fun and rewarding place to develop your career. Axiom Bank is headquartered in Maitland, Florida and has over 20 branch locations, with most branches located inside select Walmart Supercenters®.
We believe in the value of promoting a healthy work/life balance and are committed to recognizing the role everyone plays in our ongoing success through competitive benefits, as well as the guidance you need to learn new skills and shape our business and future. We proudly offer the following benefits to our Full Time Employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life, AD&D Insurance, Plus 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Axiom Bank are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Axiom Bank does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Axiom Bank will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
It is the policy of Axiom Bank to conduct background, credit reference and drug screening tests as a condition of employment. Drug Free Workplace. EOE/AA/Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran.
To be considered, all applications for employment must be submitted through the Axiom Bank Job board, https://www.axiombanking.com/about-us/careers/
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- If currently an Axiom Bank employee, you must have been in your current position for a minimum of 1 year, have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job performance requirement.
To apply for this job please visit axiombanking.hrmdirect.com.