Website Valmont Industries
4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida 33830-7567
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Basic Qualifications (Required for the job):
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: One to three years’ experience in related field
Competencies: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public, have excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, a person with passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results. Must be able to travel.
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management or related technical field
3 Years’ experience with Safety management
3 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience with Lean implementation in a manufacturing environment
Experience as a trainer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for Safety Compliance with local, state and federal laws along with
implementation of Lean tools and processes.
- Serve as site’s initial point of contact for governmental regulatory agencies on issues related to health and safety
- Consult with all departments on use of equipment, fire prevention, health and safety programs
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of health and safety risk assessment tools designed to identify, prioritize and control exposure to the sites most significant safety risks
- Identify actions based on health and safety goals for site leadership team members and supervisors to support achievement of site specific targets and objectives
- Participate in the administration of workers compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time and oppose unjust claims
- Utilize the Environmental Health and Safety database
- Manage implementation of the Valmont Global Health and Safety Standards
- Lead the deployment of site health and safety committees and facilitate their engagement and ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement
- Conduct regular safety inspection tours of facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommend corrective or preventative measures where indicated
- Manage, develop and maintain the training processes and conduct safety specific new employee orientations
- Raise level of awareness for Lean Manufacturing through teaching, coaching and training
- Drive the implementation of the Valmont Lean playbook and the application of Lean tools such as: 5S, SQDC, Value Stream Mapping, TPM, Standardization Kanban, Kaizen, etc.
- Coordinate with GM and Division Lean resources to help facilitate the yearly Site Lean Self-Assessment and the assessment follow-up activities
No supervisory responsibilities at this time
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Workday, Internet, EHS database
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
To apply for this job please visit valmont.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.