Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
This position is required to grow top lines sales at assigned home improvement stores within a geographic territory. Provide merchandising and sales support at Home Center(s) that carry Retail North America Division’s products. Conduct product knowledge training and in store demo’s. Shelf maintenance including down stockings, inventory management and installing / maintaining promotional displays. Complete weekly paperwork including expense reports and call schedules. Utilize the CRM system to document sales calls and store visits. Sales Service Representatives will also gather and document competitor intelligence information in the CRM. Ability to conduct product demos to support selling process.
As a Retail North America Division sales professional you will have the opportunity to drive sales, and grow your territory and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals. You will learn a wide variety of selling related skills including planning and conducting effective sales calls, identifying and exceeding customer needs and sales opportunities, inventory systems knowledge, management, expense management, as well as promotional selling and basic marketing.
This person will be covering the following stores:
- Winter Haven
- S Lakeland
- Previous experience in Customer Service, Sales, Marketing or other Business related field
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which includes evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Consideration will be given for significant industry experience in lieu of a degree
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without now or in the future requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours which may include weekends
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Retail store environment, paint department specifically, in addition to contractor site visits, including new construction settings.
- Travel required within assigned region, potentially including overnight travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Positions in this class typically require: typing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, type, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see and perform repetitive motions; ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May require prolonged standing in retail store environment.
- Ability to accurately distinguish color for the purpose of visual color matching and color recommendations.
- Licensed and physically capable of operating a motor vehicle (passenger car).
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.