Website New Beginnings High School
New Beginnings High School (NBHS) is an innovative organization, transforming education through academic and social support services. Our mission is to create the best educational environment for students who are seeking a new beginning. We embrace a customer service philosophy with our students, who attend NBHS by choice.
The school receptionist position is key to customer satisfaction at New Beginnings High School. The position works closely with customers, potential customers, and employees and is often the initial contact point for the general public. Responsibilities include answering phones and greeting visitors as well as working directly with customers and prospects to communicate reliable information and record relevant data.
- Support NBHS by attending community service and outreach activities throughout the year
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers by making them feel welcome and assisting as needed
- Greet and assist all callers and walk-in visitors according to NBHS policies and procedures
- Conduct follow-up calls as directed
- Support customers medical needs
- Check students, visitors and volunteers in and out (Follow security and attendance policies)
- Distribute enrollment information packets
- Provide enrollment information to prospective customers
- Keep displays filled with distribution information for customers and general public
- Track enrollment prospect data (enrollment packets, phone calls, walk-ins) in contact database
- Input (initial) customer data into student information systems
- Ensure data input accuracy and timeliness according to requirements of NBHS procedures and report issues/inconsistencies to management
- Participates in FTE audits and any other state required audits
- Perform general office duties as requested by management
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and presentations as requested by principal
- Assist in marketing and building community relationships for NBHS
Assist with recruiting and retaining customers by visiting the communities where customers live.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Multilingual skills (written and verbal) are preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience preferred using data processing software, procedures, and database management, or the equivalent in appropriate college or technical school data processing courses
- Front desk / clerical experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Background check and fingerprinting clearance
- Willing to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals/groups from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of applicable computer software and hardware process applications such as spreadsheets, word-processing, database and operating systems, and/or presentation software
- Knowledge of general management and operational practices, procedures, responsibilities, and information systems
- Knowledge of search engines, electronic marketing and surveying programs
- Valid Florida driver’s license, reliable transportation, and valid automobile insurance
- Adapt to changing work priorities
- Exhibit tact and patience
- Perform duties accurately and efficiently
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work both independently and as a team member with other individuals and organizations
- Set high expectations, contributing positively to NBHS culture
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and commitments in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
The School Receptionist must demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision of New Beginnings High School while greeting guests and responding to customer requests through:
- Adherence to and enforcement of school policies and administrative regulations
- Excellent performance resulting in quality outcomes and internal and external customer satisfaction
- Continuous personal and professional development
- Positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- Continuously improve performance through acceptance of evaluation objectives
Exhibiting the mental/physical ability and stamina to meet essential duties of the position.
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled office setting. Requires sitting for the majority of the day.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents; sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects. The ability to lift, carry, move and/or position objects infrequently weighing up to 50 pounds.
Incumbents may be required to perform any combination of the tasks detailed in this document. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the major job elements.
The New Beginnings High School, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, homelessness, or disability or other basis prohibited by law in any of its programs, services, activities or employment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.