Website Morgan Corporation
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
2. Properly and safely operate required tools both power/non-power.
3. Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on instruction.
4. Ability to read a tape measurer.
5. Fully understand quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit.
6. Ability to read and or interpret work orders and apply to task at hand.
7. Team member actively participates and supports PPS, 5S and TPM.
8. Perform task within allotted RE time.
9. Flex within functional areas as needed.
10. Work required schedule including overtime.
11. Assist with on the job training of team members.
12. Work with little or no supervision.
13. Meet physical requirements which include lifting up to 50lbs, standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching and squatting.
14. Performs standard service repairs and custom work without guidance
15. Ability to perform electrical wiring tasks, some complex in nature
16. Must be proficient or willing to learn welding
17. Previous repair or truck body manufacturing, or auto body repair experience
18. Perform other duties as required by management.
1. A thorough knowledge of the different methods and symbols of welding and ability to successfully pass the company certification for all welding applications it certifies on.
2. A thorough knowledge about safety precautions while working.
3. Ability to read blueprints and understand instructions.
4. Ability to analyze work at hand and execute welding procedure per training certifications.
5. Good decision-making skills.
6. Ability to work in heat and smoke.
7. Must pass medical questionnaire.
8. Must be able to finish work within given time
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Current and valid state issued driver’s license.
- Must have at least 12 months of experience in the manufacturing process, service/repair, and/or outside truck body manufacturing facility with fabrication or auto body repair experience
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
To apply for this job please visit usr56.dayforcehcm.com.