SUMMARY OF POSITION
Motivate, lead, direct, and coordinate activities to meet specific productivity and efficiency objectives. Audit work processes to ensure quality of work performed to maintain high standards in shipping, receiving and inventory. Ensure safety rules, procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed. Must have thorough knowledge of products and warehouse planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THAT SUPPORT OPERATIONAL GOALS
- Maintain aggressive focus on safety, cost reduction, quality, and process improvement.
- Maintain a safety, production and quality focused culture based on meeting or exceeding all plant operational goals.
- Focus the shift on the key drivers of financial performance; daily output, efficiency, manpower planning, waste reduction, and quality control.
- Ensure First Expired First Out (FEFO) system is in effect and utilized.
- Coordinate and account for finished product from the production line.
- Process and maintain orders, logs, reports, and other data. Ensure paperwork is complete, accurate and given to appropriate department. Coordinate the accurate and timely entry of shipping and receiving information.
- Develop and implement plan to minimize damages.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and interaction with customers, vendors, truckers, other outside agents, department managers and all levels of employees.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, such as Quality Control, Operations, Human Resources and Maintenance.
- Required to facilitate training program and identify training opportunities for all warehouse employees.
- Ensure layout and design of warehouse maximizes needs of the facility.
- Ensure all resources are available for shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate and participate in physical inventory audits.
- Lead, direct and motivate employees to maximize performance.
- Back up other employees in department as needed.
- Assist in developing and maintaining working standards, policies/procedures, task list, training, and job descriptions in support of Supply Chain leadership.
- Ensure all employees maintain good housekeeping practices in order to ensure compliance with safety, quality and sanitation standards. Enforce GMPs and food safety compliance.
- Responsibilities during periods of absence of the Supply Chain Manager will be assumed by the Supply Chain Supervisory personnel or an appropriate alternate designee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Skill Sets
- Ability to communicate change effectively and drive change throughout the organization. Prepares and supports those employees affected by the culture change. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Balances group and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others. Contributes to building a positive employee relations environment. Able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Maintains an effective knowledge of our company financial, budget and operational goals.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.