Website Saddle Creek Logistics
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Department: Information Systems
The Specialist, Systems Network is responsible for the health and security of all SCLS local and wide area networks.
- Design, configure, and maintain Cisco based routing, switching, wireless and security solutions for local and wide area networks.
- Coordinate specification, procurement, provisioning, and installation of data communications circuits and equipment.
- Run application performance and packet analysis.
- Develop network documentation, procedures, and monitoring strategies.
- Provide roadmaps detailing future network growth, technologies, and applications.
- Work with emerging technologies such as SD-WAN or Data Center products
- Provide network utilization statistics, status reports, and change recommendations as appropriate.
- Perform systems administrator and technical support functions for Windows based operating systems.
- Isolate problem trends and troubleshoot recurring issues to find permanent solutions.
- Assist in the maintenance and optimization of a corporate disaster recovery plan.
- Configure and install customer co-located infrastructure as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a technology related discipline.
- CCNP Required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining a network infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Cisco protocols – STP, VTP, VLAN, HSRP, VSS, OTV, L3 Routing protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewalls and Nexus
- Experience administering MPLS, DIA, and Cellular circuits
- Application Protocols within an Active Directory Environment – DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Proven experience with multiple implementations of multi-site high availability networking solutions including multi-vendor networking utilizing EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, and BGP
- Prior experience with Voice Over IP (VOIP) / Telephony experience (ShoreTel)
- Candidate should demonstrate high degrees of competency in analysis, troubleshooting, documentation, and project management; and must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Travel as required (up to 35%)
- Ability to participate in the “on call” rotation skills
- Ability to work in collaborative fashion
- Strong planning and organizational skills
To apply for this job please visit sclogistics.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.