Website AAF Flanders
AAF International offers the most comprehensive clean air solutions available across the globe. Selling under the American Air Filter® and the AAF International® brand names, AAF International has been an industry pioneer since 1921 and has since grown to operations in over 22 countries with over 3000 employees. Our products are the industry benchmarks for quality and performance, and delivers clean air solutions in residential, commercial and industrial air pollution control, gas containment removal, power generation, and other stringent clean room environments.
We are a member of the Daikin Group, the world’s largest air conditioning and clean air solutions provider with over $15 Billion in sales and 56,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1924, Daikin has grown into a diversified industrial manufacturing company offering solutions in clean, air, air conditioning, refrigeration, chemicals, oil hydraulics, defense systems and electronics. AAF and Daikin are powered by our investment in people, products, and our processes.
Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and world class operations is powered by our people centered management philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team, we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth & development, and continued happiness in being a long term member of the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back to our community for our success.
AAF International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position contributes to the achievement of Company and Plant objectives by overseeing efficient, cost-effective assembly of filters. The supervisor directs the activities of department personnel to complete production schedules safely and on a timely basis, while controlling costs, efficiency, quality, and equipment. This person also carries out these functions within company rules and procedure.
- Advise the Production Manager about the status of the department and provide information which might affect the company and/or division.
- Engage the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement in the area of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure employees are properly trained in all aspect of their jobs to include safety, quality and production. Identify gap and develop training plans.
- Manage personnel for maximum safety, efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner by developing a culture for where employees address unsafe conditions, unsafe behavior as well as participate and make suggestions for improvement.
- Review production schedules to plan work for departments and assign work load to ensure that you maintain the highest efficiency.
- Supervise personnel to verify soundness in staffing and ability to function effectively and as part of a team.
- Call deficiencies to the attention of appropriate personnel.
- Assure that assembly lines and machinery are set up with the materials needed per schedules.
- Oversee correct use and maintenance of machinery and equipment. Inform correct personnel when machine or equipment needs repair.
- Verify and approve the accuracy of production reports at the end of each shift.
- Perform administrative functions such as employee’s performance review and counselling.
- Strictly adhere to facility safety, housekeeping and quality guidelines.
- Develop a lean management technology with entire team.
- Participate in 6S initiatives and support as needed
- Submit daily paperwork timely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Production Manager and or General Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Assure that the month end inventory is completed with accuracy.
- Conduct regular safety meetings. Enforce safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices within department.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cooperate with line and staff personnel to achieve Corporate and Plant objectives.
- Communicate with other department staff regarding incomplete schedules, deficiencies, changes, and/or problems.
- Anticipate and determine causes of production delays and take appropriate action so as to meet production schedules.
- Report promptly to Production Manager when delays occur, estimate length of delay, and report when operation is resumed.
- Approve selection of department employ
- Trains, appraises, and initiates changes of status so that manpower is most effectively utilized and developed.
- Investigate accidents and submit injury reports with recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Must be able to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk throughout plant to personally view operations.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and squat.
- Must be able to use both hands and arms in a repetitive motion if needed.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must also be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, copier/printer, facsimile, telephone.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to withstand both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
- High School graduate or equivalent. – Some college desirable.
- Supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
- High level of professionalism.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aafintl.com.