- Responsible for working in partnership with appropriate people to create and continually improve standardized work within a cell and to effectively communicate changes to all affected people and departments in a timely manner.
- Ensures all team members are consistently applying 6S principles and following safety requirements and best practices.
- Daily safety unit walk through to identify safety issues and near misses
- Regularly update team members, supervisors and support staff on safety, NPD and CI activities
- Focus in helping the unit reduce scrap by evaluating and addressing assembly and process errors.
- Drives communication and alleviating all quality, safety, SOE revisions, layered audit issues or concerns. With direction of their supervisor, Cell Lead can resolve the concern.
- Perform layered audits weekly to support supervisors as needed and applicable.
- Trains other trainers in the unit in accordance with standardized work instructions
- Team training ownership with regard to CW, competencies, and compliance to maintain all quality expectations including uploading the training/training audits/cross-training.
- Fills in for absences within cell and works with Manufacturing Supervisor if additional assembly help is needed.
- Support Business Unit projects
- Ensures cell members are properly trained and certified on cell stations and acts as a point of contact for allocating OJT training between trainees and certified/trained team members in partnership with Manufacturing supervisors.
- Senior Manufacturing Lead should own production metrics for the day/month and help team leadership drive those metrics for their assigned cell.
- Ensures cell is using material replenishment systems properly and reports any issues or concerns.
- Point of contact for production team to address for computer/equipment/fixture issues within their cell. Cell lead will identify best point of contact to resolve issue.
- Identify and root cause production efficiency issues or concerns. Leads the development and implementation of error-proofing ideas to improve quality and reduce takt time.
- Partner with manufacturing engineers on time studies
- Participates in and encourages participation in continuous improvement events, daily production meetings and assists in any additional cell/team/organizational projects as required.
- Can cover Manufacturing Supervisor responsibilities occasionally when Team Supervisor is out of the office.
- Senior Manufacturing Lead should act as liaison between the production floor, manufacturing supervisors, process technicians, manufacturing engineers and the operations engineering teams to suggest and assist in implementing continuous improvement events.
- Assist in the launches of new products
- Participate in production build on average 1-2 days a week.
- Engagement facilitator and champion for team ensuring a culture of team engagement for a self-driven and cohesive team
- Senior Manufacturing Lead is an acting role model demonstrating Stryker core values
- Influence and leadership of direct team and manufacturing support teams to drive manufacturing KPI’s
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of team information
- Ability to develop other associates and cell leads to build future leadership.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit stryker.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.