Website City of Lakeland
This is a responsible analyst position which assists Engineers, Planning Specialists, Fuels Coordinators, E&W finance, Fuels Manager and others when reports, spreadsheets or statistical documentation is needed. The analysis is conducted using Excel, Access, the Utility Management System (UMS) Maximo, Vista, Oracle, and various other programs. Quality of work is evaluated through meetings, reports and achieving the desired results. The position requires the ability to exercise considerable independent judgment to develop data analysis reports with general instructions given by a Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Accurately calculates, assembles, and prepares daily, weekly, monthly, annual and special reports, projections, and analyses accurately and efficiently.
- Creates, manages, extracts, combines, manipulates, formats, organizes and reports from large data files using the applications of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to develop charts and graphs from excel to display data within reports.
- Creates and maintains fuel statistics and historical data for Natural Gas, Oil, Coal and Solar.
- Performs monthly solar load research and develops statistical data for reports.
- Completes and submits reports for natural gas, solid fuel and fuel oils to E&W finance.
- Administrator of the fuels department website and responsible for posting and maintaining fuel report information.
- Measures the coal density for inventory using a laser device which requires working outside in the coal yard wearing a hard hat and safety shoes.
- Conducts data analysis comparing vendor and city meters reading to ensure the invoice is in compliance with purchase power contracts.
- Provides support to the Fuel Coordinators by researching and benchmarking Fuel information.
- Monitors and enters the flow of natural gas for the generating units using the Delta V Software.
- Coordinates the payment of all invoices related to the Fuel Department and performs analysis to ensure compliance with corresponding fuel contracts.
- Files all invoices electronically in the fuel folder by scanning them and filing all the Fuel emails received in the Fuels Outlook inbox.
- Prepares the U.S. Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) monthly statistical report for government reporting compliance.
- Develop and Maintain benchmarking data using EIA reports for Natural Gas and Coal.
- Monitors the Administration Centers of the Fuel budget and prepares both budget and expense T-form journal entries.
- Prepares requisitions for all Fuel Expenses and submits the supporting backup to Purchasing and Accounts Payable.
- Monitors Purchase order balances and provides a monthly status report. Prepare change orders as needed.
- Prepares and maintains the supporting file for the monthly Fuel Newsletter.
- Continuously researches to keep current on new function added to Microsoft office products to improve and develop reports by adding a more advanced technique that saves time by automating reports and providing additional information to evaluated fuel costing.
- Creates and maintains monthly reports on customer statistics of electric energy, demand, revenue, and load factor of the utility’s large industrial customers.
- Creates monthly water consumption and revenue reports for the Wholesale and Polk County Master Meter accounts.
- Maintains and sanitizes all weather variable for stations throughout Lakeland’s service territory.
- Compiles databases broken down on a monthly basis and averaged out over each fiscal year back to 1976.
- Compiles monthly reports on utility revenue for all municipal departments and private area lighting.
- Compiles various spreadsheet for annexations, water master metered and subordinate meters and location rate class changes.
- Creates T-forms, budget transfers, journal entries and check request as needed.
- Assists other staff member on projects.
- Backup to sending out the Coal & Natural Gas daily report.
- Performs related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
- Associates degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years of college education with emphasis in an appropriate or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experiences in a statistical or mathematics related position required.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver’s license.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with external customers (vendors) and internal customers (user departments) in person, by telephone and/or email using Outlook.
- Advance knowledge and application of various software including the Microsoft Office Applications of Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Knowledge and an understanding of the customer and Rate Classes for both the electric and water utilities.
- Knowledge and skill using proper office practices, business ethics and technical information.
- Skill in performing technical computations, compiling statistical data and performing analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting methods and principles.
- Ability to learn internal applications such as Maximo, WeatherLink, Utility Management System, Oracle, Vista, and DeltaV.
- Ability to learn and understand the techniques and procedures of utility statistic handling.
- Ability to use reasoning and thought processes during sanitization process.
- Ability to compose reports and communicate results, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with co-workers, peers, supervisor and other employees and customers.
- Ability to cope with stress, deadlines, calculating out complex analysis while remaining flexible, positive and productive in a changing environment.
- Ability to reach logical conclusions based on the resources at hand, and decide when the resources at hand are sufficient.
- Ability to prioritize and organize duties and responsibilities and to promptly and effectively complete tasks.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- Requires working outside in the coal yard monthly wearing hard hat and safety shoes to measure inventory.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.