Website SPCA Florida
Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your skills and indulge your passion for working with animals? Then come join us and our pet health care professionals where you’ll have the chance to advocate for pets and educate clients on all aspects of pet health.
We are actively seeking experienced full and part-time veterinary assistants/technicians for our state-of-the-art medical center. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes digital radiology, a full-service in-house IDEXX lab, laser therapy, ultrasonography, and digital dental radiology just to name a few. Candidates must have the following to qualify for our interview process:
- Proficient with humane restraint techniques in different situations and for various procedures, having the ability to administer medications, blood draws and I V Catheterization, surgical prep, monitoring hospitalized patients, filling Rx’s, fluid therapy.
- At least one year of experience working as a veterinary technician in an established practice.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including Saturdays). We are open 6 days a week; schedules of either four 10 hr days or five 8 hr days to facilitate client needs.
- Proficiency with Avimark and PetPoint a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Candidates must be eager to learn, show initiative, possess great customer service skills, have an understanding of vaccine and product protocols, knowledge of pet insurance, and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment with minor supervision.
- CVA must be attained within 8 months of hire if the candidate is not a CVT.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and discounts on veterinary services and products (for your pet) along with a 403(b), PTO, and 6 (six) paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. Starting Pay: $10 – $18
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place; background checks are conducted.
To apply for this job please visit newton.newtonsoftware.com.