Website Cavalier Distributing
Cavalier Distributing is one of just a handful of U.S. distributors with a portfolio comprised exclusively of specialty imports and American craft beers. The Lakeland, FL warehouse is currently seeking a warehouse associate. This position is Monday through Thursday working approximately 1:00 pm – end and Friday half day.
A Warehouse Assistant will assist with daily operations of the warehouse, manage keg inventory and assist Warehouse Manager and Driver Manager as needed.
- Participate in the ongoing physical inventory of warehouse items and monitor inventory to maintain adequate supply of items.
- Receive, log and unload incoming freight shipments. Verifies freight against invoice and purchase order.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and man lift.
- Check quality of product prior to pulling order. Report poor quality items to management.
- Effectively and efficiently handle truck loading and receiving.
- Stack, wrap and label pallets correctly for each customer to ensure proper routing.
- Maintains warehouse in a clean, orderly manner.
- Professional and customer friendly.
- Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Consistently make good decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism.
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum one year previous work experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Basic understanding of Cavalier Distributing products.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to speak and write the English language at least as the high school level is required.
- Ability to add and subtract, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to process information/merchandise.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to stand; walk. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk to others.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to fill orders including but not limited to fork lifts.
- The ability to safely, frequently and independently move and handle product generally weighing 0 – 165 pounds.
- Must have own reliable mode of transportation.
- Ability to bend and stoop.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.