Website Saddle Creek Corporation
Job Description Summary
Warehouse Associates are responsible for handling loose freight, loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting of products into and out of a distribution center/warehouse. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other associates and productively with little supervision. Following company safety policies and procedures is of great importance to this position. Upon completion of training and certification a Warehouse Associate may drive gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, clamp and slip sheet attachments, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials/pallets by performing the following duties.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same
• Once trained, safely operates forklift and/or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging, and transporting products
• Works cooperatively and productively with supervisors and other associates in order to complete tasks
• Arranges cartons on pallets keeping in mind size, weight, height, etc.
- Uses mathematical skills to determine correct units per pallet/case
- Insures bill of lading and receivers match correctly
- Inputs data into RF systems and creates labels
- Affixes labels to the correct pallet/case
• Verifies inbound freight accurately and productively with little supervision
• Provides and inspires outstanding service to customers (i.e., stores, etc.) by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
• Maintains condition of Distribution Center and/or warehouse work area (I.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc)
• Additional duties as assigned by distribution center or warehouse management
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Must be eighteen years of age or older
Verifiers must have at least 1 year warehouse experience
Must be able to pass a drug test
Must be able to pass a background investigation