The Pallet Sorter is responsible for hand sorting pallets to grade while ensuring all trash and debris is removed from pallets prior to returning to customer. Responsibilities also include achieving expected production requirements while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Hand stacking pallets to appropriate heights, following inventory control instructions
• Loading and unloading materials from trailers by hand
• Moving pallets or materials on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
• Checking loads to make sure they are secure
• Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
• Ability to utilize yard management systems to coordinate trailers moves
• Ability to complete all production paperwork with accuracy
• Communicates directly with Shift Lead or On-Site Manager
• Ability to maintain Relogistics efficiency and performance standards of production
• Must maintain a clean & safe working environment that meets Relogistics standards
• Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards
Education and/or Experience
• Good math, language and reading skills with attention to detail along with basic computer skills
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
• Follow instructions for keeping records
• Understanding that overtime may be required and is considered mandatory
• Able to pass a background and drug screen
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
• Repetitively lift up to 50-75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths in time
• The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach.
• The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision and color vision.
• Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
• Ability to work overtime and flexible schedule/shifts
• Full-time employees eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
Relogistics Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.