Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 170 locations, and we do business with more than half of the Fortune 500. We’re a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don’t just encourage an entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can realize your full potential.
Job Summary and Scope:
Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks of receiving product, putting away product, picking product (filling orders), preparing product for shipment, general housekeeping, completing appropriate paperwork, operating equipment safely, and in some locations, loading trucks with product.
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures. Understands unit of measure.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors. Understands warehouse locator system.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies, as well as, established housekeeping standards. Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job
- Participates in annual inventory.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail; accurate and thorough
- Excellent customer service skills (with will call customers, other company departments, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team player
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- One to two years previous warehouse experience in distribution environment desirable
- Experience operating distribution warehouse material handling equipment (see below)
- Experience working in an electronic/computer work environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement: (Describe any unusual working conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heights, hazardous materials, etc. State percentage of time spent traveling each month, if any.)
- Work performed in unheated and/or un-air-conditioned warehouse. Employee may be exposed to cold, heat, damp, or humid conditions. Will work around moving machinery, such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Will be exposed to exhaust fumes and paper dust. Noise level in work environment often loud.
Budget/P&L responsibilities: Does this role have any budget/P&L responsibilities? If so, what is the approximate size (in $) under the role’s authority
Decision Rights: Thinking of the key business processes within the function and across functions, please list the specific decision rights of this role (e.g., what decisions are they accountable for versus just provide input to making?):
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer/M/F/V/D. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf