Website W.S. Badcock Corporation
Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We’re proud to say that we’ve been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you’re just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you’ve got the drive, we’d love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Must have the ability to pass the Level II Proficiency Evaluation. This level is responsible for loading or unloading merchandise from semi tractor trailers and other vehicles properly, safely and in a timely manner. Operate tugger and transport loaded or empty merchandise floats to their destination. Scan and tag merchandise. Pull merchandise to be loaded onto semi tractor trailers and/or put merchandise that has been unloaded into proper storage racks and bins. Must also maintain areas of consigned merchandise until the proper shipping date.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday: 7:00PM – 5:00AM (until work is completed)
- Load / unload merchandise, i.e., furniture, appliances and home furnishing accessories, from semi tractor trailers and other delivery vehicles- manually.
- Accurately scan merchandise into the warehouse system and check for accuracy.
- Properly tag merchandise coming into the warehouse.
- Sort merchandise for placement in warehouse storage.
- Properly place merchandise in assigned racks and bins throughout the warehouse.
- Operate tugger, forklift, order selector, etc.
- Locate and pull merchandise to be loaded onto semi trailers.
- Scan merchandise and sort it according to shipping dates
- Maintain designated areas in the warehouse where merchandise, already consigned to specific stores can be held until the proper ship date.
- Must have ability to perform bin audits.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. – 50 lbs. chest high and maintain production for at least 12 hrs.
- Ability to lift, stand, bend, stoop, reach and walk for at least 12 hours per shift.
- Ability to operate a tugger, forklift, order selectors, etc., and has obtained necessary certifications through company training programs. Advanced knowledge and diversification of scanner useage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to read shipping tags, documents and work-related paperwork.
- Ability to associate numbers / cross-reference for tagging.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift – 3 days per week, and work overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with others
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this job please visit external-badcock.icims.com.