Website City of Haines City
***Position open until filled***
The City of Haines City is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for all positions equally without regard to their race, sex, age, color, religion, creed, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. The City of Haines City is a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants who successfully complete the initial screening process will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screen and physical. Police Department applicants will also be required to take a Polygraph Examination. All information provided by an applicant will be verified for truthfulness and accuracy if a conditional offer of employment is made. Applications and other submitted documents are consider public record.
Under the direction of the Water Superintendent, performs duties necessary to support the Water Division to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of the water treatment systems and equipment. Position is classified as an Operator in Training and is responsible to accomplish licensure requirements commensurate with position within 12 18 months of hire.
- Performs duties necessary to support the Water Division to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of the water treatment systems and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with the conducting of lab tests, sample analysis, running tests on various equipment, cleaning bottles for the auto sampler, and determining test results.
- Assists with monitoring and adjusting of system flows, treatment process conditions, and storage levels by monitoring the status of production, storage and delivery systems. Duties include maintaining system reports and records by preparing and logging daily reports into the computer system.
- Assists with maintaining and cleaning plant and plant equipment, and cleaning lab counters and floors. Duties include, but are not limited to, grounds maintenance, and basic pump and motor maintenance. May assist and/or be cross trained in pump and motor repair, maintenance and installation.
- Attends training classes, takes tests and participates in on-the-job-training activities that are required by the State of Florida, as a prerequisite for obtaining a Class C Ground Water Distribution Plant Operator License. Position is classified as an Operator in Training and is responsible to accomplish licensure requirements commensurate with position within 12 18 months of hire.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required knowledge and experience is normally obtained through the completion of a curriculum resulting in either a High School Diploma or GED is required. Must be able to obtain a class C Drinking Water License within 12 18 months of hire date.
- Must exhibit attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
- Must be able to communicate and present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to perform or learn basic mathematical equations in the performance of analysis and calculation of dosage.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow technical information, directives, manuals, memos, reports and other work related materials.
- Ability to write analysis sheets, reports, inventories, logbooks, purchase orders and work requests.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working and professional relationships with City employees and officials, and the general public.
- Ability to take and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to work under high demands, short time constraints, and pressure of a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work shift work and respond to emergency call-out.
- Must possess a Valid Florida Class E driver license.
- Must pass applicable pre-employment testing and background and credit checks.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.
To apply for this job please visit hainescityhr.applicantpool.com.